Friday, June 02, 2006

Bad Hair Day


Have you ever had one of those moments that you wish you could recall? Have you ever had one of those decisions you wish you could do over? Have you ever said to yourself.....What was I thinking!!??

I broke my cardinal rule of haircuts today: NEVER GET A CHEAP HAIRCUT!! In my zeal to save money on gas and on the haircut, I went to our local walk-in cheapie salon, even though every time I have gotten a haircut in a place like that in the past....It has been a disaster. Basically, I am an optimistic person. That is the only way to explain my belief that 30 years of experience is wrong and this time the stylist will listen to me.

So, what happened? The stylist looked at the picture I brought of what I wanted (yes, I even had visual aids!), looked me in the eye when she said she understood; and proceeded to give me a haircut (in her words ) that 'is a little shorter' than I wanted. A little shorter?? Marines have more hair on the back of their neck than I do. It may have something to do with the fact that she was talking on the phone while using clippers on my neckline. Possibly, she was distracted by the other customer for whom she was instructing her colleague on the correct cut. Maybe she is just blind and failed to notice that the picture I showed her had HAIR!!!!! Fortunately I had worn a hat to cover the mess that my hair was when I walked in.....So I had something to cover the mess when I walked out.

Anyway, after my sweet husband dealt with the female meltdown over the mess (he had told me not to get it cut too short - boy, was he prophetic!), he made me promise to quit trying to save money on haircuts and to go to the 'good' place across town.

I will close with the following trite bit of wisdom: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR - ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO HAIRCUTS.

4 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Kara Deal said...

Ohhh, that's a tough one to have to live through, and live through, and live through! I wonder what it is about us that make us think, "It will be different this time." I do it all the time... and in the end, I am usually (98%) wrong. But when those nice surprises come along... you know... when it goes right, it is a NICE surprise!

HI! I love that you are my friend and that you are my friend who has a blog! If you are ever in Amarillo... we have an Applebee's here that we can eat at... you have to bring my friend Dody too!

I love you and it fills my heart with joy to see you well and happy! Praise GOD for his faithfulness and for his being so just and loving!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger dodyb said...

Here's the thing Lesa....just get a buzz cut. All your worries are over :)

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean you want me to bring my clippers to give you a trim when I come? I am even cheaper! Next post, take the brave step and post a photo of the hair cut! love you, drew

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Painful! I've gotten referals now whenever I need a haircut. Guys have it so much easier! You mess up... you shave it off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home