Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Optimist Gardener - An Update

I probably should have called this the 'Forgetful Gardener', because after I planted the total of 300 bulbs mentioned previously....I got a surprise. The 250 bulbs that I ordered last spring (and forgot about) arrived last week and also needed to be planted. So, for those of you who care, here is the list:
180 Daffodils
100 Tulips
100 Crocuses
80 Hyacinths
50 Mountain Bells
25 Dutch Irises

Okay, so that only adds up to 535....but each one was planted by my own two hands. Now, if the deer and the squirrels and the moles and the rabbits and the gophers (plus the cats) will just not dig up or eat up all my hard work.....next spring should be pretty spectacular. I will keep you all posted!

2 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! You will be in for a treat come Spring! I'm sure it will be amazing! Love, T

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Jen said...

When your computer is up and running I'm goign to be waiting for some sort of christmas short story. We all know you have mad writing skills! We can't all come see your play so we need some other little morsel to hold on to! It could be a new years story if you need it to be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home