Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Optimist Gardener


Gardeners are optimists. We believe that there will come a spring, even when the weather right now is turning cold and rainy. We believe that something brown and rather ugly will become something beautiful and inspiring. We believe that a sore back, tired feet and aching muscles will translate into a beautiful vista from our front porch.

Today, I planted 100 tulip bulbs and tomorrow I hope to plant about the same number of crocuses and of daffodils. Only a gardener ( or parent) spends so much time and effort on something that will only show fruit in the uncertain future.

3 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lesa! Thanks for posting! I enjoyed reading about your dancing adventures. I would love to learn to dance with Bryan one day. Although, it will be difficult convincing him we should take lessons! :) Can't wait to see pictures come spring of your beautiful flowers. Keep believing!! Love, Tracey

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger dodyb said...

Hopefully they won't come up Sunflowers!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Nana Lesa said...

Well, since I didn't plant any peonies (like someone who shall remain anonymous!), hopefully they will come up as the correct type of sunflower. Actually, I have my own personal sunflower bed (under my birdfeeders), but they never make it to flowers, because the deer and bunnies love the tender shoots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home