Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Whiter Than Snow


We have had our first snow of the season and are enjoying all the beauty of the woods and fields transformed by almost two inches of pure white. I am always amazed how a blanket of snow can turn the drab, bedraggled, and very muddy (we have had 12 inches of rain recently!) woods into a winter wonderland. It looks almost magical and when the sun shone briefly today, everything sparkled.

It reminds me of the verse from Psalms 51:7 that says: "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." My life is often drab, bedraggled and very dirty with sin, but God has washed me until I sparkle like the snow in my woods today. He is truly an awesome and wonderful God!

2 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish we could see some of that white stuff here in Togo. (Of course, there aren't any elephants roaming free in the Northwest either.) Love you -- Bryan

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger dodyb said...

Quit bragging both of you :)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home